Village brewery is looking for a brilliant Content Creator & Social Media Coordinator to join our marketing team! Working closely with the rest of the marketing department (brand, events, graphic design, and pr), the successful candidate will be responsible for creating strategic, engaging digital content for social media, website and email marketing channels. They will be required to manage Village’s online social media channels: planning and executing a content strategy that drives audience engagement and growth and managing the daily activities of our online community.
We’re looking for a storyteller with the technical skills; someone who knows how to work with designers, pick up the camera themselves, respond at the drop of a hashtag, and push for results. This position is ideal for an experienced social media professional or content creator who wants to have a seat at the table – to be fully integrated into a dynamic team eager to hand them the keys to do cool stuff. Finally, the winning candidate will be passionate about building community, online and off.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Status: Full-time
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Working Style: A mix of in-person, remote and on-location.
- Contribute as part of a larger marketing team to integrate content and social media into all marketing strategies and ensure the brand voice and personality is communicated consistently across all marketing channels.
- Develop engaging, relevant, digital content that communicates brand messaging, grows audience, and achieves corporate priorities: photography, graphics, copy, video, and trending video. Note: Budget is provided to work with outside creatives (graphic designers, animators, photographers, videographers, etc.) for specific campaigns, however, the ideal candidate should be able to execute with minimal outsourced support.
- Plan, create, schedule and measure social media posts on multiple channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Youtube.
- Community management on all social media channels (building online relationships, managing DMs, responding to comments, finding opportunities to stand out).
- Copywriting for web, email marketing, and social media.
- Evaluate performance based on analytics and KPI’s. We want to know what’s working and not working, what trends we need to pay attention to, and how to pivot.
Education, Experience & Skills/Qualifications
We believe every one of us is a unique combination of skills, experiences, and potential. Here are some of the qualifications we find most desirable in a candidate:
- You are a great communicator through words, photos, video, and audio.
- You have excellent and efficient photography and videography skills.
- You have experience managing social media audiences across multiple platforms.
- You have experience planning and executing ideas for content creation and storytelling.
- You’re a transparent, ego-free, and enthusiastic team player who thrives in both the brainstorm phase and the ‘get it done’ phase.
- You geek out about marketing and/or social media which keeps you curious and always learning.
- These are assets…
- Formal education: communications, visual communication, production, public relations, marketing, etc.
- Industry experience in Consumer Package Goods or the liquor industry
- Expertise in retail e-commerce
- Experience running point on social media for a consumer brand
- A love of craft beer
- A community-minded outlook
About Village Brewery
Some of the best things happen over beer. Ideas are born, friendships forged, deals struck. Village Brewery began that way too, with friends sharing beers and dreams for a community brewery. A brewery that would support artists and craftspeople. A brewery that would create the excellent ales and lagers our friends and neighbors deserve. Village Brewery is dedicated to bringing our community together. It’s been a decade since we brewed our first beer and we have a lot of exciting plans to take us through the next ten years and beyond.
Village Brewery values a diversity of backgrounds, talents and expertise which collectively contribute to a collaborative and innovative environment. Our Villagers are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
To apply, please submit a resume by June 17th, 2022 to Iwant2work@villagebrewery.com
Due to volume, only candidates who receive an interview request will be notified.